POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing Translucent Candles : Re: Glowing Translucent Candles Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing Translucent Candles
From: Ken
Date: 16 Apr 1999 17:09:11
Message: <37179791.6466E62E@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> I this made with your mysterious new method? Or is it an ambience gradient?
> Or are the two the same?
> It's not done with media, I'm pretty sure about that.
>
> Ken wrote in message <37179450.2DDE8AE5@pacbell.net>...
> >We don't need no stinking new translucence function in Pov.
>
> I agree! Your image is excellent proof of what you said.
>
> Margus

  It's almost 100% plagarism is what it really is. If you want to see
the source travel on over to the Pile and look for the candles macro.
It was made for a patched version of Pov that offered macro support but
with very little effort is is usable in v3.1 macros and all. If you
want my modified working version give a yell and it too is yours to
examine or use at your own discretion.

http://user.baden-online.de/%7Embachman/pile/anim_eng.htm

--
Ken Tyler